Solo Traveling Tips


Hey Friends!


I felt it was so important to make a blog post about solo traveling as so many people have asked me how do I do it! I personally enjoy solo traveling as it gives me the opportunity to explore and move at my own pace. As nice as it is to have company on vacation, I love knowing that I can do what I want, when I want!

I just got back from a solo trip to Atlanta and San Francisco and many family/friends/followers have asked me for solo traveling tips which I will share with you all below. 

First thing's first, it is soooo important to do your research prior to traveling solo. 

If I am traveling somewhere solo for the first time, I do the following:


1.      Research the safest places to travel solo.

2.      Once I choose my destination, I do a thorough online search of areas that may NOT be safe to be during my vacation. 

3.      I search for different accommodation options; some people like hostels that way they can meet new people and/or save money. As well as others stay in vacation rentals/hotels.

4.      Once you find your accommodation options, READ REVIEWS. This is very important to me as I always want to make sure I am staying in a convenient but safe location. Most times, if I read a number of bad reviews; such as the area being sketchy or unclean I will NOT book and continue through my list.

5.      Once you have booked, it’s always nice to look into things to do/see. I love to make itineraries that way I have an idea of things I want to do/see prior to my departure that way I can make the best use of my time. When I do have free time, I like to ask locals or hotel staff for other ideas on what to do. 

6.      Another tip would be to check out all of your transportation options such as Lyft/Uber/Taxi, car rental, public transportation or walking. As mentioned in my " Money Saving Tips " post, I prefer to use public transit and walking as it’s a great opportunity to save money and to stumble across other attractions/restaurants in the city.

7.      Once you arrive at your accommodations, it’s always good to ask hotel staff areas to NOT visit solo.

8.      My best recommendation is that when you’re out sightseeing, be sure to always carry your personal items such as purse/wallet and electronics close to you to prevent theft. Also it would be helpful not to wear any flashy jewelry. Make sure your phone is always charged and/or have a backup charger with you.

9.      Also, you should always tell a family member or friend where you are staying should there happen to be an emergency. 

10.  Remember if you plan to drink alcohol, DRINK RESPONSIBLY and always monitor your drinks. It is so important to be aware of your surroundings.

11.  Last but not least - REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN AND EXPLORE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE :) It is definitely fun to travel solo and you will always meet interesting and cool people along the way!

-Kish

Comments

  1. You explained very well. Thanks for sharing the information. People can also book meet and greet at Heathrow at reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Money Saving Tips

Welcome to Travel Niche Kish 💗